When I go for weeks at a time without blogging, it’s not because life is slow and boring and I don’t have anything to write about. It’s because:
a. I’m sleeping in and not participating in “5am Team Meeting”
b. So much is happening I can’t keep up
c. We are out of town
I would say my excuse this time around is a combination of the three. I really like bullet points, so that’s what we are going with today. A little update.
Post Golf Cart Purchase Happenings:
1. Brooks got 7 stitches in his head after falling off our bed. Wait, this sounds like a graceful rolling off, which it was not. He soared into the air and then whipped his head back around, super-hero style. This kid is in full little boy mode right now. Full energy, full passion and full force. ER visits are so cheap.
2. We went to Corpus Christi, Texas. The town Spencer and I loathe. This was huge, as we hadn’t been in 6 years.
We threw a baby shower for our dear friend Lindsey, who is due any day now.
Jake, Lorraine and Brittany’s kids United for the 1st time!!! In the Wallace side yard-perfection.
3. We stayed at my dad’s house on Padre Island while we were there. For one night. And took the boat to Snoopy’s. The kids loved it. I will post photos only and not dig into the emotional ramifications.
4. I got drawn for the NYC marathon! What? First try is very rare, but I think God is helping a daughter out. It’s a relief to know that I don’t have to drink for 8 more months because I will be running (hopefully….stay away pesky injuries).
5. I went back to the ER for another cheap visit because I had chest pain over the weekend. When you say “chest pain” they freak out and run all of the heart tests. My heart is just dandy, so I’m off to a gastro tomorrow for them to tell me I have GERD. It’s been about 6 years since my last endoscopy and diagnosis, but I fear it is back. Boo.
6. Sabra is a natural on the dance floor. We can deny it no longer: Our daughter has moves. This little lady needs to get thee to a dance factory. I see leotards and tap shoes in her future.
7. We finally said goodbye to the leaning tower of playscape that has threatened visitors since we moved in. We tore this hazard down and put each piece out for big pick up. Now we have piles of wood in our backyard, begging to be constructed into something playable for our kiddos who love to play.
8. Last, but not least, our kids got to see their favorite aunt and uncle this weekend as we celebrated Brooks’ 4th birthday with an early party. The kids are a little obsessed with Aunt Emmy and Uncle Sonny. Now we will be hearing about them for weeks. Also, Sabra names all of her stuffed animals Aunt Emmy. Adorable!
BONUS: Did I mention both of my children are Cavity-FREE?!?!