It’s Wednesday. Three weeks ago on this very day I took a chance on a life with minimal naps.
They say it takes 21 days to create a new habit. That makes 21 days of >30orX! Wahoo. I’ve been obeying my alarm and getting slightly more accomplished around the house. That said, I still have a long way to go and many more habits I would like to form. In light of what Spence said about it being a letdown not to know all of my goals, I’ll catch you up to speed on a few I’m sure about so far.
- The nap thing
- Quit caffeine (my teeth are changing color and lattes are a rip off and I need breakfast)
- Do a 5/10 minute quick write everyday right after I put the kids down for their nap
- Wipe down my kitchen counters every single day (fine, judge that I don’t already do this)
- Find an organizational system for our master bathroom and stick to it
- Do one load of laundry per day for a month to prove to myself how awesome it is
- For everything in our house to have its proper place
That’s enough to get to July.
So my next big kahuna is caffeine. Yep, I use it and abuse it and it’s not really my friend. As Starbucks and Coffee Bean stores around town slowly run out of pumpkin flavoring (along with my gift card balances disappearing), I think it’s the perfect time to quit the game altogether. I blow far too much money that should be saved for…..uh, I don’t know….my children’s college education……on espresso and milk and pounds of sugar.
Above is Elaine. We are sipping lattes in NYC at Moby’s tea shop, Teeny. Lattes are an emotional thing for me and I’ve got to let them go. I want to let them go. And, in truth, coffee is a sloppy second to espresso.
Honestly, it’s just one of those things that I think I can live without. So I’m going to.
Alright, here we go.